Wednesday 11 November 2015

Upcoming projects

My Victorian sewing  has been temporarily delayed over the past couple of weeks by another personal project which I will reveal on my Bygone Elegance blog at the beginning of next month. However, as this project is now nearly finished, I have begun planning the next items for La Belle Modiste.

The first project will be for a girl's 1860s dress, complete with underwear and a small crinoline, possibly in Christmassy red... a great opportunity to use some of my black trimmings.



And here are some of the inspirations for creating a girl's outfit.



I also have a beautiful piece of camel-coloured wool blend cloth. I have not yet decided what this will be transformed into, but it is such a nice warm fabric that I think perhaps a winter jacket of some kind would be a good choice. Watch this space...




In the next couple of weeks, I will also be moving my sales to an Etsy shop - I will post more details about this once the shop is up and running. In the meantime, I hope everyone is enjoying the changing seasons and looking forward to some great costume events this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment